July 21, 2014

Beautiful

Little man had been in Irish dance class for an hour.  He came out of class and when he saw me he smiled a big smile, gave me a big hug and said, "How did you get to be so beautiful?"

Made. My. Day.

I rarely feel beautiful.  I am one of those "cute" girls.  Much of it is my size at 5'1".  Add in a bubbly personality and curly hair and you've got cute - never beautiful.  Except for through the eyes of my son and, quite frankly, who matters more than that?

I believe mothers are most beautiful when they are looking at their children.  

I always take the best pictures when little man is either in the picture with me or I am looking at him while the picture is being taken.  There is something about your child that makes everything else fall away - there is no hiding, no pretense, no self-consciousness and it is then that my true beauty shines through.  I think this is true of all mothers.

Moms - You are as beautiful as your children say you are.

See some beautiful mothers from 50 years ago in this post on HuffPost Good News.

No comments:

Post a Comment