July 19, 2014

The Birthday Party

For the last however many years - okay, my whole life - I have waited for other people to do something for me on my birthday and have gotten depressed when it hasn't happened.  Of course, to be fair, most of the time I have not been in a relationship with anyone who would do anything and I don't come from a family where birthdays are important.  Again, this just doubles the depression, but that was then and this is now.

I am no longer waiting for anyone to do anything to celebrate my birthday.  This year I am throwing my own party.  I have great friends and family and no one is going to gather them together unless I do it myself.

Want to come?  I'd love to have you!  Well, um, I'd love to have you if I know you.  Just use the contact form on the right hand side so that I have your email address.  It's 2014 - evite is the only way to go.  I'd love to have engraved (or at least thermographed) invitations, but this single mom's budget can't handle it.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment